- Shipping for orders during the sale is FREE for purchases over $150. For purchases under $150, a flat $5 fee within the USA will be charged to cover packaging and shipping costs.
- International orders will shop according to our regular policies
- Your order will arrive via US First Class Mail- expect 2 weeks to receive your package
- All sales of discontinued EWJ styles are FINAL. No refunds or exchanges
- Every cult classic jewel that remains after the sale will be donated to Dress for Success which helps unemployed women find (and accessorize) their way through the interview process.
This petite (just 1/4" in diameter) cube-shaped cage has a chunk of raw ruby trapped inside. The reddish-pink stone is left in it's unpolished rough natural state, which is a nice contrast against the structural geometry of it's container. The ruby rattles around inside the cage which in turn moves freely along it's golden chain.
Rubies are the color of blood, so naturally they have symbolized courage and bravery throughout history. Burmese warriors were said to have implanted rubies under their skin to bring them valor in battle and make them invincible. The red stones were used by the ancients as talismans against disaster and to stop bleeding. A ruby's intense color was thought to come from an undying flame inside the stone—or, as some legends would have it, a piece of the planet Mars. We can use this gemstone's fire to light the way through our darkest fears. Rubies are associated with passion and love; when you meditate with one, it is beneficial to your heart and your root chakra. Ruby, an aphrodisiac, allows one to experience all forms of love, from wild sensuality to mystical communion.