Victorian Turquoise, Pearl & Ruby Hands Ring
Two hands embrace a cluster of turquoise, pearls, and a solo ruby. Hallmarks tell us the ring was made in Birmingham in 1866 in 12k, which we don't see much. This gold fineness standard was legislated into use in 1854, along with 15k and 9k, but it was abolished in 1932.
12k gold (marked), 4 1.5mm seed pearls, 4 3.8mm turquoise cabochons, 2mm ruby
Birmingham hallmarks for 1866
8, resizing not recommended; 11.1mm head, 2.3mm shank
1837 — 1901
please note:Terms of Sale
Antiques can be returned unworn and in original condition within 10 days of delivery for an exchange or refund minus the cost of shipping. Once a piece has been altered, including ring re-sizing, it is FINAL SALE.